Did you know? - Sepsis in Adults
Did you know sepsis in adults is a serious condition and can initially present as gastroenteritis or a chest infection?
Without quick treatment, sepsis can lead to multiple organ failure and death.
An adult may have sepsis if they have any of the following:
- Slurred speech or confusion
- Extreme shivering or muscle pain
- Passing no urine (in a day)
- Severe breathlessness
- It feels like you are going to die
- Skin is mottled or discoloured
If you suspect sepsis call 111 or contact your GP if you're worried about an infection.
Call 999 or visit A&E if someone has one of the sepsis symptoms.
For more information please visit www.sepsis.org